Today I will show you how to use Tor with Pidgin in Sabily.
Why we need to use Tor?
Some offices, schools, universities and colleges are blocking access to Yahoo Messenger by firewall setting. Tor is a proxy software that will help you bypass the blockage.
How to Install Tor?
1.Add the following ppa to your repository (Repository can be accessed in System > Administration > Software Sources)
deb http://mirror.noreply.org/pub/tor jaunty main
2. Click Close
3. Open Terminal.
4. Type following instructions in Terminal.
gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv 94C09C7F
gpg --fingerprint 94C09C7F
gpg --export 94C09C7F | sudo apt-key add -
apt-get install tor
5. After you finished the installation, reboot your pc.
6. Open Pidgin Internet Messenger
7. Go To Accounts > Manage Account
8. Click at your YM account and click Modify
9. Click Advanced Tab
10. Click Proxy Type drop-down menu and select SOCKS 5
12. Click Save.
13. Untick your YM account in Accounts and re-tick. Or you can restart Pidgin.
14. Easy tho?